D&B Properties is among the many firms collaborating with the Emirates Red Crescent (ERC) this year to aid in the Ramadan programme for 2022, which will benefit over 2.1 million people in the UAE and the rest of the world.
Dr. Mohammed Ateeq Al Falahi, ERC Secretary-General, said the ERC and its global programmes are witnessing significant growth, due to the directives of the UAE’s leadership. "The ERC’s Ramadan campaign, which we are launching today, aims to gain from the support of philanthropists to ease the suffering of people, improve their lives, maintain human dignity and address poverty, hunger and disease."
Outreach in UAE
- 1,450,438 people in the UAE will benefit from this year’s Ramadan programmes valued at AED 21,303,430.
- 1,151,600 people will benefit from the ERC’s local Iftar programme worth AED 11,516,600.
- 44,928 people will benefit from its Ramadan mir programme, which provides food to needy families and people in need at a cost of AED 4,241,230.
- 51,810 people who will receive Zakat al-Fitr worth nearly AED 4,315,000.
- 2,100 orphans who will receive Eid clothing valued at AED 630,000.
- 662,892 people in 64 countries will benefit from Ramadan programmes valued at AED 15,500,000.
- 542,645 people will benefit from the ERC’s Iftar programme.
- 88,744 people from its Zakat al-Fitr programme.
- 31,503 people from its Eid clothes programme, with a value of AED 2 million.
The ERC has allocated some 250 locations to collect donations nationwide, mostly in shopping centres, markets and other gathering points, in addition to the possibility of donating via its centres, website, smart app, bank transfers and SMS.