The booming real estate market in Dubai is an enticement for drawing in talented individuals from all over the world. Homeowners, investors, and families all want to be a part of the historical structures and projects being developed. There is no better time than 2022 to be a real estate agent in Dubai. But with the market increasingly over-saturating, how can you stand out?
Aside from being confident and a good communicator, we have gathered the top five ways you can stand out as a well-trained real estate agent.
1. Product & Market Knowledge
- What is Ejari and how is it set up?
- What is DLD and RERA?
- What is DEWA Premises Number?
- How does the cheque system work?
- Who are the utilities providers?
- Common real estate laws and regulations, for example, the duration and reasonings allowed behind tenant eviction.
2. Mindful Communication & Building Rapport
Resist the urge to schedule a viewing immediately upon making contact with a new client before fully understanding their requirements first. Clients are not dull-witted; they know when they are being sold to. Take the time to find common ground with a client and discuss hobbies, their favourite football team, travelling experiences, etc, in order to build a bond based on trust. Respect their wish for preferred method of communication. If they ask for emails only, a phone call will push them away from you.
- Which community and why? Often, they want to reduce their work commute time but select the wrong community. The ‘why’ will help you make informed decisions.
- Does the view matter? What element can they compromise on?
- Which amenity and facility are most important to them?
3. Brand Awareness & Background
4. Productive Viewings
- Visit each unit prior to arranging viewings with clients to ensure the unit is presentable.
- Confirm the viewing date and time with client and be punctual. Prepare necessary items prior to meeting: unit access, keys, NOC for security.
- Ask closing questions.
- Have a backup property to show in case the initial property is not suitable.
5. Realtor Reputation & Lead Generation
Maximize on networking at social events and on social media platforms – aim to upload one high-quality post per day detailing market trends, high-performing communities, and displaying any open houses you may have. In today’s highly-digital society, leads can be generated through any number of platforms such as Facebook & Instagram, digital campaigns, and even word-of-mouth from happy clients.